LINH UNG LADY PAGODA TOUR
Linh Ung Lady pagoda considered the largest pagoda in all of Danang. It is in the Son Tra peninsula, on top of a hill which is in the shape of a turtle. Linh Ung pagoda faces to The Eastern sea. On the left is Cham Islands, on the right is Hai Van Mountain. The most peaceful place with stunning view.
🔰 OVERVIEW LINH UNG LADY PAGODA
- The Lady pagoda was originally built during the 18th century.
- People in Son Tra Peninsula recalled that, at the time of Minh Mang King (Nguyen Dynasty), there was a Buddha statue from nowhere to drift on the sandbank here. Believing that was an auspicious sign, people here established a shrine for worship, from that, the region was stable and fishermen could work in peace during a long time. The sandbank where the Buddha statue drifted was then named Bai But (i.e. Buddha land on earth) also was where LingUng pagoda erected today.
- Linh Ung Pagoda is in the Son Tra peninsula. Featuring perfect harmony between the modern and traditional architectures of Vietnamese pagodas.
- Left me breathless as soon as I stepped foot here. On top of a hill which is in the shape of a turtle. Linh Ung pagoda faces to The Eastern sea, on the left is Cham Islands, on the right is Hai Van Mountain.
- With the Marble Mountains surrounding the pagoda, there is also the Shakyamuni statue in the center, the Guan Yin on the right, and the Tripiṭaka on the left, 4 guarding statues with 18 Arhats arranged by a rule to protect the main Shrine.
- The most popular place for tourists to visit and local Buddhist followers to come and pray any time of the day since the name itself means that anything you pray for will come true.
📒 TIPS TO GO TO THE LINH UNG PAGODA
- Da Nang or Hoi An to Linh Ung pagoda by private car.
- Hire private car visit Marble Mountains and Linh Ung pagoda on a half day. It’s interesting experience.